Do you Dermaplane? You’ve probably seen us talk about dermaplaning or heard about people receiving it but might not know what it is. Dermaplane is a skincare treatment that removes the skin’s top layer to allow for new cell growth. It uses an exfoliating blade that scrapes across the skin’s surface and removes the dead skin cells and hair from the face. But why receive this treatment? The benefits of dermaplaning are endless! If you’re looking to improve your skin’s overall appearance and texture, you’ll want this amazing treatment. The best part of all, it’s non-invasive and painless! We’ve listed out some of the ways dermaplane can improve your skin!
- Brighter Complexion: Dermaplane removes excess surface skin cells, which allows for new ones to come through. These new, fresh skin cells give skin a brighter complexion and leave your face glowing. It’s perfect for those wanting healthier, youthful-looking skin.
- Tones & Tightens: This treatment increases circulation and allows the skin to breathe. Its activating growth factors render new skin cells that tighten and tone the skin leaving it looking and feeling fresh.
- Removes Facial Hair: Dermaplaning is similar to shaving. The aesthetician who performs the treatment uses a blade to remove dead skin cells and hair from the face. If you’re looking to get rid of peach fuzz, this treatment can help!
- Instant Results: One of the best parts about dermaplane is that it provides instant results. Patients who receive this treatment see a change in their skin immediately after finishing it.
- Reduces Wrinkles & Fine Lines: Many people who receive dermaplane are looking to diminish the wrinkles and fine lines on their face. This treatment smooths the surface of the skin, which reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
- No Downtime: In addition to its instant results, dermaplane requires no downtime. Those who choose to get this treatment can immediately go back to work or their daily routine, so no time off is needed.
- Kills Acne Bacteria: Dermaplane is also great for those struggling with acne as this treatment helps to kill acne bacteria. This lessens the chance of breakouts and bumps appearing on the face.
- Diminishes Scars: As dermaplaning removes the top layers of skin, this can help reduce the appearance of acne scars. It also reduces inflammation which can lighten inflammatory scars from previous acne breakouts.
- Makes Makeup Go On More Smoothly: Since this treatment smoothes the skin and reduces acne, it also helps makeup go on more evenly. Without bumps, facial hair, and dead skin, putting on makeup is a breeze and applies to the skin smoothly. This also means that less makeup is likely needed due to the smoothness of the skin.
We hope you’ve now got a good understanding of how great this treatment is! Here at Modern Dermatology, we like to add a facial to the end of the dermaplaning treatment free of charge. If you’re interested in improving your skin’s texture, reducing wrinkles, diminishing acne scars, or enhancing your skin’s overall complexion and appearance, dermaplaning may be the treatment for you! If you’re still not convinced of the benefits of dermaplaning or want to discuss making an appointment, give us a call at 228-864-8049.